Home > Practice Areas > Real Estate
Drummond Woodsum’s real estate attorneys are an active and knowledgeable force in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing a wide spectrum of real estate transactions in the Northeast and the nation, as well as Canadian clients with real estate interests in the United States.
Our practice continues to grow and expand into new areas as the markets and real estate laws evolve. For example, we take developers from concept through construction completion and sales, often involving “green” design, conservation easements, LEED compliance, New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, Historic Preservation Tax Credits and public/private partnerships. We have significant experience in local and state permitting for projects ranging from residential to commercial power plants and represent numerous real estate financing lenders.
Representative projects include:
- Redevelopment of the Brunswick (Maine) Naval Air Station.
- Working with Town of Merrimack, New Hampshire on the Merrimack Premium Outlets Project.
- Development of a 560 megawatt gas turbine power plant in Westbrook, Maine.
- Acquisition and development of a retail/office business park in Scarborough, Maine.
- Developed the Downtown Redevelopment District for the City of Claremont, New Hampshire.
- Acquisition and development of Tidewater Farms, a multi-use residential/conservation project in Falmouth, Maine.
- Creation of extensive conservation easements on undeveloped acreage in Rangeley, Maine.
- Redevelopment of a historic fort property into a multi-use facility on Great Diamond Island, Portland, Maine utilizing historic tax credits.
- Acquisition of timberlands in Maine’s North Woods for both commercial and conservation purposes.
Practice Group Leader
Laura J. Hartz Attorney
Christopher B. Hatch Attorney
John S. Kaminski Attorney
David M. Kallin Attorney
Edward (Ted) J. Kelleher Attorney
Peter D. Klein Attorney
Robert M. Liscord Attorney
Brittany H. Michaud Attorney
Daina J. Nathanson Attorney
David S. Sherman Of Counsel
Richard A. Shinay Attorney
Joanna Brown Tourangeau Attorney
Colleen P. Tucker Attorney
Ron N. Ward Attorney
Lisa R. (Magnacca) Whitt Attorney
August 22, 2022
Forty Eight Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers
November 18, 2021
Drummond Woodsum Named Among Best Law Firms by Best Lawyers for 2022
November 15, 2021
Drummond Woodsum Grows to be the Second Largest Law Firm in Maine
October 26, 2021
John Kaminski Receives the Stephen Mooers Award from MaineHousing
August 19, 2021
Fifty Four Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers
March 09, 2021
Chris Hatch Joins Drummond Woodsum’s Real Estate Practice
May 01, 2020
Pandemic Leaves Landlords in a Difficult Position
January 06, 2020
Drummond Woodsum Announces Four New Shareholders
November 11, 2019
New England Super Lawyers Recognizes 29 Drummond Woodsum Attorneys
September 23, 2019
Press Herald Business Forum: Investors of many stripes eye Biddeford/Saco
October 23, 2018
Five Drummond Woodsum Attorneys Named Lawyer of the Year
August 16, 2018
Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 33 Drummond Woodsum Attorneys
July 25, 2018
Gary Vogel Assumes Role as President of MEREDA