Drummond Woodsum’s real estate attorneys are an active and knowledgeable force in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing a wide spectrum of real estate transactions in the Northeast and the nation, as well as Canadian clients with real estate interests in the United States.
Our practice continues to grow and expand into new areas as the markets and real estate laws evolve. For example, we take developers from concept through construction completion and sales, often involving “green” design, conservation easements, LEED compliance, New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, Historic Preservation Tax Credits and public/private partnerships. We have significant experience in local and state permitting for projects ranging from residential to commercial power plants and represent numerous real estate financing lenders.
Representative projects include:
- Redevelopment of the Brunswick (Maine) Naval Air Station.
- Working with Town of Merrimack, New Hampshire on the Merrimack Premium Outlets Project.
- Development of a 560 megawatt gas turbine power plant in Westbrook, Maine.
- Acquisition and development of a retail/office business park in Scarborough, Maine.
- Developed the Downtown Redevelopment District for the City of Claremont, New Hampshire.
- Acquisition and development of Tidewater Farms, a multi-use residential/conservation project in Falmouth, Maine.
- Creation of extensive conservation easements on undeveloped acreage in Rangeley, Maine.
- Redevelopment of a historic fort property into a multi-use facility on Great Diamond Island, Portland, Maine utilizing historic tax credits.
- Acquisition of timberlands in Maine’s North Woods for both commercial and conservation purposes.
Practice Group Leaders
Alexandra E. Caulfield Attorney
Martha A. Driscoll Attorney
Christopher B. Hatch Attorney
Lisa R. (Magnacca) Whitt Attorney
Brittany H. Michaud Attorney
Daina J. Nathanson Attorney
David S. Sherman Attorney
Richard A. Shinay Attorney
Colleen P. Tucker Attorney
Gary D. Vogel Attorney
Ron N. Ward Attorney
August 19, 2021
March 09, 2021
May 01, 2020
January 06, 2020
November 11, 2019
September 23, 2019
October 23, 2018
August 16, 2018
July 25, 2018