Demetrio F. Aspiras, III
Demetrio F. Aspiras, III
Phone: 603.792.7414 Fax: 603.716.2899 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
670 N. Commercial Street, Suite 207Manchester, NH 03101
Assistant: Redyn Keller Email: email@example.com
Demetrio Aspiras is a litigator who specializes in complex civil litigation. He represents clients in high-stakes disputes across a range of areas including corporate, education, municipal, Right to Know, and intellectual property. Demetrio has extensive experience in state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate levels. He is highly skilled at assessing and managing legal risk, counseling clients on the risks and rewards of litigation, and devising novel resolutions to clients’ disputes.
Demetrio’s recent representations include:
- Represented a school district in connection with a dispute over how and where a public entity is required to deliver records in response to Right-to-Know requests. Taylor v. SAU #55, 170 N.H. 322 (2017).
- Represented a municipality at trial on the issue of how the charitable property tax exemption is applied to religious organizations that operate summer camps. Marist Brothers of New Hampshire v. Town of Effingham, 171 N.H. 305 (2018).
- Successfully defended a municipality in connection with a tax assessment dispute after the municipality discovered information to suggest the property was significantly undervalued; the matter is currently on appeal to the NH Supreme Court. Merrimack Premium Outlets v. Town of Merrimack.
- Patent Infringement Litigation – Currently defending a Maine company against allegations of patent infringement levied by a multinational corporation.
- Construction Litigation – Represented a school district in mediation in connection with a multi-million dollar construction claim against a former architect hired to design and build a school.
A former staff attorney in the New Hampshire Public Defender’s Office for five years, Demetrio handled hundreds of criminal cases each year and brings his trial-readiness to bear on his clients’ behalf in his civil litigation practice. He graduated from Michigan State University College of Law, magna cum laude, where he was one of only thirty-two students in the entering class admitted to the Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute.
In his free time, Demetrio enjoys being with his life partner and their dog and hedgehog. He also enjoys tinkering and making things – especially using microcontrollers and mini-computers – and riding his motorcycle, building with LEGO bricks, and playing basketball.
Kent State University, B.A., 2006
Michigan State University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
New Hampshire Bar Association