The FMLA Update: Maine’s New Mini-FMLA for School Employees, FMLA Fundamentals, and More!
This half-day Zoom conference is designed for all school employers to help them navigate Maine’s new mini FMLA for school employees that goes into effect in early August. This program will also provide a detailed overview of the already existing Maine and federal Family and Medical Leave Acts. We will address difficult but common FMLA and employee leave issues, how these leave laws intersect with each other and your leave policies, practical application of these leave laws and policies, and how to develop processes around responding to leave requests in order to minimize risk and maximize employer flexibility. This program will include interactive scenarios and plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
Topics will include:
- FMLA basics such as leave eligibility, designation, notice requirements and reinstatement;
- Maine’s new mini FMLA for school employees;
- How to handle insufficient, incomplete or lack of documentation;
- Intermittent leave;
- Communication with employees on leave or requesting leave;
- Best practices for responding to leave requests, and more!
This program is designed for superintendents, business managers, assistant business managers, human resource professionals, and any payroll or administrative staff tasked with administering employee leaves.