Maine Annual Legislative Update - ZOOM Edition
The 2022 legislative session has generated a host of changes to education and employment laws that will have a profound impact on school employment, students and school board policy-making. Please mark the date on your calendar for a comprehensive review of the new legislation by Drummond Woodsum attorneys. New laws that have been enacted or that will take effect this August include:
- Changes to the collective bargaining law;
- Changes to Maine’s Family Medical Leave law;
- Changes to the Maine Human Rights Act;
- Changes to the Freedom of Access Act, including new requirements relating to remote meetings;
- A new law placing restrictions on separation agreement provisions;
- New laws relating to the acquisition and use of zero-emission buses;
- And others!
Please mark the date on your calendar for a comprehensive review of the new legislation by Drummond Woodsum attorneys. We will also discuss the policy implications of these new laws and provide sample policies.
Who should attend? This program is designed primarily for Superintendents, Central Office Administrators, School Board members, and Principals.