Clients say he is “thoughtful“ and has a “good understanding of what issues really mattered to our business interests and how to address those issues in a manner that would be reasonable to the other side.” – Chambers USA
Aaron Pratt is a shareholder who represents businesses, health care organizations, investment funds, investors and Tribal Nations in a wide range of corporate, partnership and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities matters, private placements, venture capital financing (representing both investors and targets), investment fund structure, medical and adult use marijuana regulatory matters, and Tribal Nations economic development matters.
Recent representations include:
- A U.S. company in connection with its acquisition of a Canadian manufacturing company;
- A Tribal Nation in its $300 million taxable and tax-exempt casino financing;
- A hospital in connection with its merger with a large healthcare network;
- Tribal Nation in connection with the negotiation of its acquisition of significant and culturally important real property from a timber company;
- An information technology company located in Maine in connection with the sale of such company to a publicly-traded British company;
- An investment fund in connection with its purchase of a manufacturing company;
- A Tribal Nation in connection with its acquisition of two operating hotels;
- Multiple cannabis companies in connection with their corporate structure and capital raising activities; and
- A Tribal Nation in connection with the sale of California Air Resources Board Carbon Offset Credits to a multinational company.
In addition, Aaron serves as general counsel to a veterinary sciences company, a national, Tribe-owned construction company, a national affordable housing developer, multiple Tribe-owned gaming enterprises, an investment fund focused on investments in middle-market companies and a winery.
Aaron is recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the categories of Corporate and Venture Capital Law. He is also ranked by Chambers USA, the independent guide to the country’s top attorneys, in the category of Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions and Native American Law.
In his free time, Aaron enjoys giving back to the community as the Youth Coach to soccer, basketball, and Little League Baseball. He was also the Director and Secretary at Friends of Portland Public Library, and was a Big Brother for 11 years in Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Maine.
Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
Bowdoin College, B.A., cum laude
Best Lawyers USA, Corporate Law (2013-2022) and Venture Capital (2012-2022)
Chambers USA, Maine, Corporate/M & A
Chambers USA, Nationwide, Native American Law
New England Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business & Corporate, Native American Law 2008-2010, 2013-2014
American Bar Association
Maine State Bar Association
New Hampshire Bar Association
Maine Bar Association subcommittee overseeing the revision of Maine’s revised Limited Liability Company Act
Co-Chair, Effective Date July 1, 2011
Youth Coach, Soccer, Basketball, and Little League Baseball (2017-Present)
Friends of Portland Public Library
Director and Secretary (2009-2016)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Maine
Palaver Strings, Member, Board of Directors (2022-Present)